InteraXon is enjoying rapid growth as we launch our first consumer product Muse: the brain sensing headband in the US and Canada. We’re looking to bring on a UX Intern to work directly with the product team on user research, feature definition and interface design.
If you’re just starting to build your UX career, this is a great opportunity to learn and grow. You will experience how UX is applied to the hard problems surrounding a completely new product category.
You'll be a fit if...
- You are inquisitive and empathic.
- You despise unnecessary complexity and understand the critical role user experience plays in producing great products.
- You are proactive, independent, and passionate about UX.
- You obsessively evaluate the user experience, usability, and comprehensibility of technologies you encounter.
- You have experience with some elements of the UX process and are hungry to learn more as you develop your own UX career.
- You have a leaning toward either user research or user interface design, but have a healthy interest in both.
- You’re motivated by the idea of applying technology to health and well-being.
- You will help plan, document and moderate ongoing UX research sessions, including taking real-time notes, analyzing and documenting findings, moderating unbiased interviews, and making product design recommendations.
- You will produce user flows, information architecture and interfaces for mobile features and communicate them through sketches, diagrams, and wireframes.
- You will participate in design workshops with the product team where we define and sketch new potential features and products.
- You will support the product team with organizational, logistical and administrative tasks related to UX.
- Currently enrolled in a relevant bachelor’s program.
- Demonstrable passion for UX with example projects you can discuss in detail.
- An ability to learn and apply new skills quickly.
- Analytical thinking, observational, and communication skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and a high attention to detail.
- A clean design sense which prioritizes simplicity.
- A portfolio which demonstrates process, problem solving, and UX principles
- Visual design skills
- Experience with Axure
- Research experience in academia or industry
- Located in loft office space King/Spadina
- Rooftop patio!
- Makers of Muse: the brain sensing headband
- Venture capital funded
- Frequent team events including BBQs, video game competitions, yoga, etc.
We're InteraXon: the leading innovator in the field of brain computer interface (BCI) technology. We have just launched our first consumer product Muse: the brain sensing headband in the US and Canada. You’ll be among a group of thought leaders made up of engineers, neuroscientists, designers, marketers and sales and have the opportunity to shape the future of BCI right here in downtown Toronto.